Weeknote 11th October 2021
- Mostly work I can’t discuss.
- I’m behind on a lot of meetings, and thought it would be a good time to finally look at automated scheduling services rather than email everyone the same options and hope there’s no clashes. All the scheduling services appear to assume you work in just one way - you’re available unless specified otherwise, and free time is offered to all contacts or none. Disappointing, but I might play around with scripts a little, or search a little harder…
- A really thought provoking demonstration of a business game, lots of ideas around how it did and didn’t work, and where it could be used.
- Attended very little of a NATO conference, but got lucky and caught really intriguing ideas on modelling cyber conflict, and python based efforts to run through those models. This fits in with similar ideas I’ve discussed with people elsewhere, I just need to glue them together.
- And again trying to square the circle where I need a lot of time to work on products and ideas and games that would make money and make a difference, but having to spend most of my time and energy earning money to pay the bills doing “day rate” consultancy has doesn’t have such long term value to me. Suggestions or investment welcome.
- On a happier note, I had a very wholesome weekend, watching the funny and lovely Free Guy, and it was also my birthday in Animal Crossing…